Sunday, November 15, 2009

Carp Fishing Is One Thing I Know...




Though I have a few customers each season that have interest in sight fishing for carp, I believe there are many more that would sign up if they knew how fun it really is. I have been successfully fly fishing for carp for many years in places like the Bighorn River in Montana, Yellowtail Reservoir, the South Platte, and my favorite is sight fishing from the boat on the Colorado River.

The guided fishing for carp is usually done from the boat. The fish we catch are about 6-8 lbs. Casting for carp is usually in the 20-30ft. range from the bow of the boat and accuracy is a critical component to success. An angler can expect many shots at shallow, feeding carp. Expectations of the number of fish landed each day vary with an angler's skill level and experience with carp fishing. As a guide, I strive for each angler to maximize their opportunities and success is never a problem.

The best months for fishing carp are July, August and September. A day of guided carp fishing includes tackle, lunch, and hungry, rubbery lips to cast at. You can check out my growing collection of carp fishing videos at "Fly Fishing For Carp Blog"




No comments:

Post a Comment